Our Yard staff and Drivers are critical to preparing and delivering the end product to our customers. Whether it is receiving materials, working in the warehouse, building loads or delivering product throughout the metro, these key employees keep our day to day operations on track.
Pay Rate: $16 - $23 per hour
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Safely operate and maintain Company property
- Accurately pull, stage and complete deliveries
- Stock and maintain hardware, materials
- Communicate with Dispatcher
- Maintain customer relationships
Yard Staff and Drivers don't mind the Minnesota weather and have a high regard for safety and excellent customer service. Successful candidates enjoy the physical demands of the position, are highly self-motivated, detailed, and take initiative to get the job done right while managing multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and background check
- Ability to pass our skills assessment measuring attention to detail, basic skills, and ability to multi-task
- Driving experience in professional setting - forklift, boom truck or the like
- Class A or B CDL, or ability to obtain and maintain a CDL
- No more than 3 traffic violations in the past 5 years for insurance purposes
- 3+ years of overall, consistent work experience
- Experience performing manual labor or retail
Founded on a commitment to building lasting and trusting relationships with customers, Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. (Shaw/Stewart) delivers by responding to customer needs and providing creative custom solutions. For more than 130 years, Shaw/Stewart has served the Twin Cities' luxury homebuilders, remodelers and commercial general contractors.
THE SHAW/STEWART LUMBER CO. WAY
Value to Employees: Shaw/Stewart offers employees opportunity to drive their careers in a results-oriented environment. As an employer who values relationships over transactions, Shaw/Stewart employees can expect transparency, integrity and loyalty.
Company Culture: As a respected and well-known industry leader, Shaw/Stewart focuses heavily on providing quality products and exceptional service to customers. It's evident in Shaw/Stewart's focus on continuous improvement in day-to-day activities and company core values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing, even when it's not popular.
- Exceedingly High Standards -Take pride in our work knowing it's a reflection of us.
- Be a Champion - Be confident, positive, and humble.
- Customers for Life -The lifetime value of the customer is our priority.
- Ownership - Take full responsibility for the outcomes of our actions
Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.