Weekend Night Auditor (Part-Time)
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Located in the heart of bustling downtown Minneapolis, the Westin makes its home in the iconic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, which is on the National Registrar of Historic Buildings. Built in the Streamline style of the late Art Deco period, the Westin features the original 34ft. vaulted bank lobby, marble staircase, grandiose chandeliers, and wooden reliefs each representing the leading industries in Minnesota during the mid-20thcentury. The 6,400 square-foot walnut paneled lobby is home to the 200 seat B.A.N.K. Restaurant. A seamless integration of contemporary convenience and historic significance, our 214 guest rooms boast an intriguing combination of sophistication and rejuvenation.
As a company we offer associates a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K. As a property, our fringe benefits include discounted parking passes and Metro Cards, company sponsored associate events, and access to incredible hotel discounts worldwide. Apply today learn more about joining our Westin family!
Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
- Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117048347