# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Located in the heart of bustling downtown Minneapolis, the Westin makes its home in the iconic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, which is on the National Registrar of Historic Buildings. Built in the Streamline style of the late Art Deco period, the Westin features the original 34ft. vaulted bank lobby, marble staircase, grandiose chandeliers, and wooden reliefs each representing the leading industries in Minnesota during the mid-20thcentury. The 6,400 square-foot walnut paneled lobby is home to the 200 seat B.A.N.K. Restaurant. A seamless integration of contemporary convenience and historic significance, our 214 guest rooms boast an intriguing combination of sophistication and rejuvenation.
As a company we offer associates a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K. As a property, our fringe benefits include discounted parking passes and Metro Cards, company sponsored associate events, and access to incredible hotel discounts worldwide. Apply today learn more about joining our Westin family!
Assist the Outlet Manager in the planning and management of the Restaurant, Room Service and other food and beverage outlets as appropriate in order to achieve customer satisfaction, quality service, compliance with corporate/franchise policies and procedures and federal, state and local regulations while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
- Monitor servers and busperson adherence to all service standards.
- Supervise service of guests, being watchful of signals from guests in need of service.
- Assist manager to establish and monitor sidework duty completion.
- Maintain bank to HEI Hotels and Resorts standards.
- Read daily communication sheets from previous shift and prepare one for the following shift. Check floor plan for appropriate coverage.
- Check restaurant for cleanliness and set up. Check service stands and aisle areas. Check tables for cleanliness and proper set up.
- Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Communicate daily with restaurant manager with regard to special events, house counts, etc.
- Assist restaurant manager in conducting menu classes and taste panels.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to use point of sale.
- Ability to lift/carry weight up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to push/and pull carts of products weighing up to 150 pound with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117030674