# of Openings: 2
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Located in the heart of bustling downtown Minneapolis, the Westin makes its home in the iconic Farmers & Mechanics Bank building, which is on the National Registrar of Historic Buildings. Built in the Streamline style of the late Art Deco period, the Westin features the original 34ft. vaulted bank lobby, marble staircase, grandiose chandeliers, and wooden reliefs each representing the leading industries in Minnesota during the mid-20thcentury. The 6,400 square-foot walnut paneled lobby is home to the 200 seat B.A.N.K. Restaurant. A seamless integration of contemporary convenience and historic significance, our 214 guest rooms boast an intriguing combination of sophistication and rejuvenation.
As a company we offer associates a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K. As a property, our fringe benefits include discounted parking passes and Metro Cards, company sponsored associate events, and access to incredible hotel discounts worldwide. Apply today learn more about joining our Westin family!
Provide superior customer service while maintaining a clean and attractive outlet for guests.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests.
- Prepare customers orders as requested accurately and efficiently.
- Ring guest check correctly. Close the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Ensures guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates resolution.
- Maintain the highest level of standards for all product preparation.
- Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, equipment, service stations or seating areas.
- Comply with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to workstation and return, to ensure accountability.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI116935808