Staff RN (ECMO – Mpls / .75 FTE – Night)
About Children's Minnesota
Children's Minnesota is one of the largest pediatric health systems in the United States and the only health system in Minnesota to provide care exclusively to children, from before birth through young adulthood. An independent and not-for-profit system since 1924, Children's Minnesota is one system serving kids throughout the Upper Midwest at two free-standing hospitals, nine primary care clinics, multiple specialty clinics and seven rehabilitation sites. As The Kids Experts™ in our region, Children's Minnesota is regularly ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a top children's hospital. Find us on Facebook @childrensminnesota or on Twitter and Instagram @childrensmn. Please visit childrensMN.org .
ECMO services are provided for both neonatal and pediatric patients with severe respiratory and/or cardiac inssiciency that is unresponsive to mechanical ventilation and medical therapy. Staff are available 24-hours-a-day for professional consultation, patient transport, or provision of ECMO. Services are provided on the Minneapolis campus.
Coordinates and provides family-centered nursing care to infants, children and adolescents, utilizing the nursing process. Accountable for professional practice including independent nursing functions and delegated medical functions performed in collaboration with other health team members.
THIS IS AN MNA CONTRACT POSITION.
- Informational Interview required
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Minnesota RN licensure. Current BLS certification.
One or more of the following:
• Completion of the ECMO for the Care Giver course,
• Experience at the bedside of an ECMO patient(s),
• Previous experience as an ECMO specialist
Advanced critical care nursing skills*:
• 3 years critical care experience with recent critical care experience in the NICU, CVCC or PICU within the last 5 years
• Experience caring for a broad spectrum of critically ill patients in their current unit,
• Understanding of the principles of hemodynamics in clinical work (e.g., flow, resistance, perfusion, gas exchange).
• Understanding of the pharmacology of vasoactive drips.
NRP and PALS certification. Requirements expected to be met within 1 year of joining the team.
Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., preceptor, mentor, CRN, Charge, Hemofiltration specialist, transport RN)
• Demonstrates experience managing emergent or crisis situations effectively
• Exercises independent nursing judgment
*Job applicants will be provided a clinical skills and knowledge self-assessment form to help them confirm readiness for the ECMO specialist role.
Please click here to view the Physical Demands
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of an occupational health assessment, drug screen, background investigation, and compliance with the U.S. Government Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification. Children's Minnesota requires proof of COVID-19 vaccine, and as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), immunity to vaccine preventable infectious diseases, prior to employment.
Children's Minnesota is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.