Paint Prep – Production
MID-CONTINENT ENGINEERING (MCE) HAS OPENINGS IN:
Paint Prep on 1st Shift
Typical candidates who are successful here include: auto mechanics, construction tradespeople, and wood workers.
1 st shift hours: Monday - Thursday, 6:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Competitive Wages
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- 401k with a company match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
As a Paint Prepper, you will be taping off mechanical parts for the paint department. Also stamping part numbers on parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Covers specified areas of metal parts to be painted according to blueprint specifications using tape, plugs and other fixtures.
- Applies ink or glaze to mark parts using screens or stamps as required by blueprint specifications.
- Touches up painted parts with paint as needed to ensure painted parts meet blueprint specifications.
- Maintains a safe, clean organized work area.
- Assures and maintains a consistent, acceptable level of individual quality and performance.
- May be required to work in other departments or on other shifts, as assigned by lead.
- Drives continuous improvement in department.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) to three (3) years in a manufacturing environment.
- Any masking/silk screen experience a plus
JOB KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to set up and operate all equipment in the department
- Blueprint reading with mechanical aptitude
- Team oriented
- Ability to identify problems and offer solutions
- Effective communications
Our Invitation to you...
"We understand how important people are to any organization. People, like you, are our only appreciating asset. We are building a strong team that is helping to grow our company successfully. We have doubled the size of our business in the last two years and we expect to double it again in the next two. This growth depends on finding people like you. If qualified, we invite you to come see us and discover if there is a fit. Hopefully you will get the chance to join our fine group of very capable and friendly people because, once you do, you will be appreciated and valued significantly."
MCE is an Equal Opportunity Employer