On-Call Occupational Therapist
Position Overview: St. David's Center is seeking Pediatric Occupational Therapists to provide on-call/casual services in our Outpatient Pediatric Clinic and Autism Day Treatment programs.
- Skilled implementation of individual treatment plans for established clients when primary treating therapist is absent, including documentation and billing
- Evaluations and related documentation as needed
- Coordinating services as needed with related professionals, caregivers and parents as appropriate to follow up on recommendations of primary treating therapist within established plan of care
Coverage may occur with clients in the Autism Day Treatment Program (ADT) and/or outpatient clinic. Services will occur in an environment requiring a substantial degree of personal responsibility and autonomy.
This position offers the opportunity to work for an agency that is committed to inclusivity and diversity, employee wellness, the professional development of employees and the overall wellness of clients being served. St. David's Center accomplishes these objectives through supportive & collaborative team environments, flexible work schedules and mission-inspired work.
Schedule: On-call,dependent on program need.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current NBCOT registration and MN state OT licensure as required by MN DHS and professional /agency standards
- CPR Certification
- 3+ years of experience as a pediatric occupational therapist including training and experience with sensory processing disorders, working as part of a multidisciplinary team, and working with young children with autism.
- Overall solid understanding of child/family development, pediatric disorders, treatment modalities and/or availability and creativity to access information/resources when needed
- Experience and knowledge of frequently used evaluation tools, assessment, treatment planning and goal writing within pediatric occupational therapy
- Basic understanding of various payer sources, documentation requirements and prior authorization procedures
- Word processing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Independent work skills and sound judgement
- Physical capacity for work requirements
St. David's Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Occupational Therapist; On-call; Outpatient; Autism Day Treatment; ADT; OT; NBCOT; CPR
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Bachelor's Degree
- Minneapolis, MN, USA
- Minnetonka, MN, USA