Hutchinson Manufacturing Holdings, LLC. and it's four companies (Mid-Continent Engineering, Micron Metalworks, Elk River Machine Company, and Hutchinson Manufacturing) is seeking an IT Specialist.
Salary Range : $50,000 - $55,000 per year
Schedule: 1st Shift, 5x8- Monday through Friday. This position will require travel to all four facilities (Mid-Continent Engineering, Micron Metalworks, Elk River Machine Company, and Hutchinson Manufacturing).
Benefits offered :
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- 401k with match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
The IT Specialist is responsible for handling tier 1 help desk support, hardware, software, networks, and office equipment. Provides support and assistance to Internal Customers within defined time frame, cultivates and maintains customer satisfaction
- Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting, incident resolution, and request fulfillment for internal users
- Communicates via E-Mail, phone and other electronic medium
- Troubleshoots and resolves basic and advanced software, hardware and networking issues
- Run diagnostics to resolve user reported issues
- Performs basic and advanced configurations, upgrades, and deployment of user hardware and software
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install, configure and administer systems in a Windows environment.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Obtains general understanding of application operations related to company-offered services.
- Contributes to end-user training
- Contributes to Knowledge Centered Support
- Collaborates actively with teammates under minimal supervision
- Monitors incoming trouble tickets during scheduled shift
- Interprets user's message based on email and voice messages
- Identifies user's need(s) based in their message
- Modifies tickets to maintain work log
- Modifies tickets to maintain accurate reflection of state, priority, categorization
- Provides appropriate resolution to customer
- Maintains open line of communication with user during ticket life cycle
- Confirms provided solution with user
- Escalates issues beyond scope of access or ability to appropriate individual or team
- Provides Incident resolution and Catalog Task fulfillment
- Performs advanced email account administration
- Performs advanced LDAP administration
- Performs advanced Active Directory administration
- Performs account terminations
- Performs remote software installations on multiple OS
- Other duties as deemed necessary by management
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related area OR 3 years IT experience or equivalent work experience.
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience
- Outstanding problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work in a 24x7 environment
- Excellent multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a constantly changing workload
- Extensive Experience with an electronic incident management system
- Advanced understanding of/certification in IT concepts such as client/server technology, VPN, two-factor authentication, networking fundamentals, application support, email administration, Active Directory, LDAP
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems
- General knowledge of databases, including Access and SQL Server
- Experience with Infor Visual Manufacturing or Epicor a PLUS
- Crystal Reports knowledge a PLUS
- Technical writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of people / People skills
- Problem solving / Creative thinker / Innovative
Competency Training Requirements:
- AS9100 Quality System
- Refreshing education every six months / Continuing Education
Other Training Requirements: Right To Know
- Regularly required to sit; occasionally required to stand, reach, bend and move throughout the facility.
- Must be able to safely work in and around facility, following required safety procedures, and, where applicable, use of PPE
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Required to wear safety glasses throughout the manufacturing facility as well as hearing protection in designated areas.
- Required to wear grounding wristband as needed when working on hardware.
Mid-Continent has been a supplier to first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design-assist services.