Our Commercial Estimators are critical to the effectiveness of our production process. In this role, you will utilize software technology to conduct millwork takeoffs for our commercial customers. This is a considerable opportunity to be part of a highly reputable and stable company and to work with some of the most prominent commercial general contractors in our market. You will ensure the most accurate and complete quotes are presented. This is an opportunity to apply your estimating experience, technical aptitude, and customer service to the projects Shaw/ Stewart services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
- Accurate commercial architectural millwork estimates completed on time
- Job scope review meetings with customers
- Hand off meetings with internal team
The Commercial Estimator at Shaw/Stewart is an effective collaborator. The successful candidate with have a high attention to detail, the ability to determine correct product applications, and a clear understanding of the production process. Estimators must be fluent in drafting and estimating technology. Estimators work with urgency and focus while repetitively and accurately delivering against deadlines.
- 2-5 years of commercial millwork estimating experience or equivalent education
- Experience creating detailed proposals of work
- Experience reading blueprints
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and employees
- Cabinet production experience
Founded on a commitment to building lasting and trusting relationships with customers, Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. (Shaw/Stewart) delivers by responding to customer needs and providing creative custom solutions. For more than 130 years, Shaw/Stewart has served the Twin Cities' luxury homebuilders, remodelers and commercial general contractors.
THE SHAW/STEWART LUMBER CO. WAY
Value to Employees: Shaw/Stewart offers employees opportunity to drive their careers in a results-oriented environment. As an employer who values relationships over transactions, Shaw/Stewart employees can expect transparency, integrity and loyalty.
Company Culture: As a respected and well-known industry leader, Shaw/Stewart focuses heavily on providing quality products and exceptional service to customers. It's evident in Shaw/Stewart's focus on continuous improvement in day-to-day activities and company core values:
- Integrity - Do the right thing, even when it's not popular.
- Exceedingly High Standards -Take pride in our work knowing it's a reflection of us.
- Be a Champion - Be confident, positive, and humble.
- Customers for Life -The lifetime value of the customer is our priority.
- Ownership - Take full responsibility for the outcomes of our actions
Shaw/Stewart Lumber Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.