CNC Operator — 2nd Shift
Mid-Continent is seeking a CNC Operator to join the team.
- 2nd Shift
- 4:30 pm to 2:30 am
- Monday -Thursday (Fridays off!)
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
Requirements of a CNC Operator:
- Degree from a two-year technical school or skill equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years' Machining or shop experience
- CNC Mill experience
- Experience with Mori Seki, Kao Ming's, Okuma and FSM preferred
- Fanuc Controls
- Must have the ability to operate, horizontal machines.
- Programming experience with SolidWorks or SurfCam is a plus.
- Blueprint Reading
- GD&T Knowledge
- AS9100 Quality System
Responsibilities of a CNC Operator:
This position will be responsible for the set-up, adjustment and operation of the machine. Use tools to perform progressive machining operations on a variety of standardized work, having close tolerances and finish requirements.
- Analyze drawings, sketches and design data of parts to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Responsible for setting up, running and checking first part and in many cases completing production run.
- Inspecting parts
- Maintain machine coolant and chip levels
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Observe operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
- Operate, Set-up, and do editing at the machine.