CNC Machinist (1st Shift)
MID-CONTINENT ENGINEERING (MCE) HAS OPENINGS FOR
Shifts Available :
- 1st Shift: Monday - Thursday; 6:00am - 4:30pm (No Fridays!)
Salary : $25 - $35 per hour
Benefits we have to offer:
- Climate controlled facility
- Lots of overtime to be had but not mandatory
- Medical, Dental & Vision for employee & family including domestic partners
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual starts immediately
- Yearly shoe allowance
- Referral Program
This position will be responsible for the set-up, adjustment and operation of the machine. Use tools to perform progressive machining operations on a variety of standardized work, having close tolerances and finish requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze drawings, sketches and design data of parts to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Responsible for setting up, running and checking first part and in many cases completing production run.
- Prepare geometric layout on graph paper or using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths.
- Write instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Revise program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observe operation of machine on trial run to prove taped or programmed instructions.
- Program, Set-up, and Operate.
- Degree from two-year technical school or skill equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' Machining or shop experience
- CNC Mill experience
- Experience with Mori Seki, Kao Ming's, Okuma and FSM preferred
- Fanuc Controls
- Must have the ability to operate, set-up- vertical and horizontal machines.
- Programming experience with SolidWorks or SurfCam
- Blueprint Reading
- GD&T Knowledge
- AS9100 Quality System
Mid-Continent has been a supplier to first-tier OEMs within the medical, aerospace and defense industries for decades. Mid-Continent Engineering stuffs the armed forces supply chain with products of our capabilities such as precision machining, aerospace welding, chromate conversion and paint/powder coat finishing, mechanical assemblies, and other design-assist services.